Thursday 27 April 2017

Been quite a busy week and I started buying horses for next season at Cheltenham sales last Thursday.We bought a nice horse called Zen Master who finished second in his last bumper at Limerick and will run over hurdles next season before jumping fences the following year.He has been bought for The 25 Club and is the first of four we are buying for the club.
We ran Gowanauthat at Fontwell and he just got beaten a head but ran a cracking race and should pay his way through the summer. On Monday I ran Morney Wing at Warwick and he found the ground a bit quick but still finished a good third so he will go on his holidays now having had a very good season.
We had a very busy day yesterday and I ended up riding out four lots which I have not done for a very long time.If any trainer reads this and is thinking about doing the same thing don't, unless you have got a hot tub and a decent bottle of white wine to help you get over it!
'Are you sure you can take the pain?'she demanded,brandishing her stilettos. 'I think so,' I gulped. 'Here we go,then,' she said,and showed me the receipt.
All a learning curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment